100% of your donation via Socialgiver is given to the project. Socialgiver will subsidize the transfer and administration fees as well as project verification, coordination, and support costs. If you would like to support Socialgiver and what we do, please visit and shop for your favorite GiveCards at our 'shop' page.
100% of your donation via Socialgiver is given to the project.
Your donation will go towards:
Decrease surplus food by turning leftovers into meals for vulnerable communities
Every 5 THB provides a meal for vulnerable person.
SOS - Scholars Of Sustenance
13,505฿ Level 2
Thailand’s best hospitality brands and restaurants are trusted to prepare top quality meals with the freshest ingredients on a daily basis. But not everyday do these produce and ingredients get used up, leaving a significant amount of waste which unfortunately gets thrown away even before they are expired. Scholars of Sustenance (SOS) sees the opportunity to decrease these surplus food from the businesses and turn them into nutritious meals for low-income communities and schools. Donors allow SOS to collect leftover (but still fresh) produce and ingredients and turn them into meals to improve the health of those in need. Besides the social impact effectively achieved from quality food, and cost reduction for charities serving their beneficiaries, cutting down surplus food that normally goes to the waste also has a host of environmental benefits. Every 5 THB donated helps provide 1 nutritious meal for 1 vulnerable person.
Thailand municipal solid waste has been increasing every year. We created more than 26.77 million tons/year which 64% of them are contaminated food waste. In the meantime, the waste management system can get rid of less than 70% of the waste where the other 30% of the waste causes polluted soil and water followed by massive Methane and Carbon dioxide production.
On the other hand malnutrition is likely to increase every year from 8.6% in 2016 to 9.3% in 2018 or 6.475 million people especially in vulnerable communities, people with disabilities, elders, migrant workers and homeless people.
To diminish food waste and malnutrition, SOS has been rescuing surplus food in Thailand for over 5 years. SOS acts as a coordinator between businesses, food rescuers and communities by collecting food from the donors, managing the logistics, ensuring food safety during the cooking process and coordinating with the communities to provide food for those left furthest behind. This system allows SOS to provide nutritious meals while also cutting down surplus food that normally goes to the waste.
Your donation will fund surplus food logistics and food distribution management to communities at risk. Every 5 THB donated helps provide 1 nutritious meal for 1 vulnerable person.